Facelift for app
1 1

12 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Terminal said:

I have a feeling, that this update is not going to address many parity issues.

What about the parity issue where the V2 app is harder to navigate than the V1 app was? (haha... probably not technically a parity issue)
This SHOULD solve that, but somehow I doubt it will...

Another observation...
In the screenshots it shows the front door history as "Locked manually"
Anyone know what that's about? Mine just shows locked or unlocked, even when I manually lock it...
Are there some locks that make this differentiation available in the app where others don't?
I think a similar observation was made when they showed off a preview of the web UI, concerning the garage door.

5 minutes ago, smitho said:

Another observation...
In the screenshots it shows the front door history as "Locked manually"
Anyone know what that's about? Mine just shows locked or unlocked, even when I manually lock it...
Are there some locks that make this differentiation available in the app where others don't?
I think a similar observation was made when they showed off a preview of the web UI, concerning the garage door.

My Schlage and Kwikset just show locked and unlocked as well.  Unless opened with a code then it says who opened it.  I would think it pretty easy to add if it were opened manually or through the app or scene.

I guess If they are really trying to get the monitoring going then I guess they have to be close to having offline processing?  So maybe that will be working soon.

4 minutes ago, Terminal said:

My Schlage and Kwikset just show locked and unlocked as well.  Unless opened with a code then it says who opened it.  I would think it pretty easy to add if it were opened manually or through the app or scene.

I guess If they are really trying to get the monitoring going then I guess they have to be close to having offline processing?  So maybe that will be working soon.

Is offline processing really a requirement for monitoring? I can't see why it would be.
If nothing else, monitoring would get a little "heat" off of them for offline processing... making the cellular backup option more appealing to more people which will pickup up a little slack when your main connection drops offline... I'm sure it won't buy them as much time as they hope though.

Not excited.  I see our list of new features that we want and none, well maybe one, are "accepted."  They are heading in their own direction.  Also this clearly means there will be no offline processing or web UI.  Time will tell, but time goes on forever and we are already years late. 

29 minutes ago, c379776 said:

Also this clearly means there will be no offline processing or web UI.  

There are already previews of the webui and release time of late Q1 early Q2.  I know they haven't made their dates in the past as the webui was supposed to be Q3/Q4 2016 but they are definitely making one and going to release it hopefully sooner than later.  

Yeah the web ui is the one they accepted since they were already working on it.  I have been hoping to see them take more interest in the new community too, maybe they are as overwhelmed by it as I am. I haven't been on it for a week since there is just too much going on and it is too difficult to find only the new content, I just don't have time to wade through it all.