Zwave maps
3 3

54 posts in this topic

Well, I know on the portal now you can get a zwave network map. If you have one post it here. I would love everyone's help in decoding them. 

Things that I know

001 = Hub

thicker line have more bandwidth

graph1.png

I assumed the devices that doesn't show up in the zwave ID list are the V2 smartplug zwave repeaters.  How may V2 smartplugs do you have?  If this is the case, I would say plug 24 would need to be removed, reset, re-paired next to the hub and let sit for about 15 minutes then move it back (what support says).  This seems to be a common issue with the V2 plugs, again if that is what it is.

Well mine came back with some interesting things, for one more items than I have Zwave devices? Along with some additional devices off at the end that aren't connected by any lines? I assume orphaned devices? I had hoped mine would be simple enough I could sort of decode it, but the shapes repeat, they aren't unique to each item apparently. So it's not that simple.

For anyone else in Linux, xdot will open .gv files.

zwavesmall.jpg

update notes:

I have updated the http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal/zwavelist.html It seems to be reporting everything. So it now shows the protocol for each device. 

Also, I am sorry for the guys the had to search for software by the links on Graphviz site it looked like it could work on anything.

the .gz file is only text.

1 hour ago, thegillion said:

Also, I am sorry for the guys the had to search for software by the links on Graphviz site it looked like it could work on anything.

To be fair I only briefly looked at the Graphiv site, and most of the stuff mentioned, Windows. Their actual download section does have Mac and Linux downloads as well, and the Linux section even has packages that would be compatible for main popular distros.

xdot that I used in Linux was already in the package manager and should be for most of the popular distros, for people they wouldn't have to do anything other than search it and click and install. So it's a little easier. It's very basic though, but functional. Thats the main reason I mentioned it.

In an effort to understand how well the Z-Wave network propagates throughout my house I took the zwave-map.gv file and mapped each individual device using the "devadv:protocolid".  I then took a layout of my house and placed the device in the actual location. 

This was created on a Mac using OmniGraffle Pro.

Z-Wave Mapping.png

2 minutes ago, Vettester said:

In an effort to understand how well the Z-Wave network propagates throughout my house I took the zwave-map.gv file and mapped each individual device using the "devadv:protocolid".  I then took a layout of my house and placed the device in the actual location. 

This was created on a Mac using OmniGraffle Pro.

Z-Wave Mapping.png

Hmm, that makes sense now. With my map, my hub is in the middle and everything is connected because my hub is in the middle of my house. Very nice work by the way.

I think I had 3 devices offline and I could not get any z-wave devices to respond when this map was made.  I don't know if it was due to the platform update causing my devices not to respond or what.  

zwave-map_20170129.png

15 hours ago, Medic said:

zwave-map_20170129.png

I had a few devices that were not connected last night and a few that would not respond.  Did an Network Rebuild last night and made this map this AM.  After the rebuild devices had a faster response time that in the past. 

zwave-map_After_Network_Rebuild.jpeg

Yeah, it a little time to do. Open the zwave-map file with GVEdit or notepad look for the block of text like this.

"AUxXRi0wMDY23RPyjgEAAAAAAAA=" [label=001 shape=diamond color=black];
    "IUxXRi0wMDY23RPyjiEAAAAAAAA=" [label=033 shape=square color=black];
    "AkxXRi0wMDY23RPyjgIAAAAAAAA=" [label=002 shape=circle color=black];
    "IkxXRi0wMDY23RPyjiIAAAAAAAA=" [label=034 shape=square color=black];
    "A0xXRi0wMDY23RPyjgMAAAAAAAA=" [label=003 shape=octagon color=black];

The first set on code is the Zwave ID go to  http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal/zwavelist.html to find the device to match the ID.

You can change the numbers in the words but I wouldn't use anything over 4 letters.