2nd Gen IRIS Hub died a few days ago.

14 posts in this topic

I'm one of the original 1st gen owners that was forced into the 2nd gen "upgrade". A few days ago, the 2nd gen hub died, no LEDs on the front panel, offline on the app. I've tried the reset button "for no more than 3 seconds" per online support, verified that the electrical outlet has AC via a 3 prong tester, and even verified 5 vDC at the female end of the AC adapter into the unit. It's dead as disco.

Any further suggestions to recover it would be appreciated, but my real question is, since it looks like I'm going to have replace the hub and re-pair all devices, has anyone found another company's hub that will work with IRIS's 1st gen contact closures, motion sensors, camera's and the radio thermostat?

I'm actually kind of surprised tech support didn't offer a new hub? Anyways, lots of them on ebay at roughly half the price of Lowes, still new and sealed. This would be my suggestion if you don't mind waiting a few days and want to save $20-25. Otherwise, just bite the bullet and go down to Lowes in the morning and pick up a new hub.

The first gen sensors (contact / motion) in some ways are better, but they only work with Iris hubs unfortunately. The V2 sensors will work with other hubs like smart things. Many of the Zwave devices that work with V1 Iris will work with other hubs though.

I know this is a old thread, but mine died today, got the hub offline figured it was a update or something. Went down to it a few hours later no lights dead. Tried batteries, checked DC and ac power, reset. Guess I'll be getting a v3 tomorrow.

50 devices or so, It honestly doesn't matter because my hub is dead and the devices are all orphans anyway. I believe Iris is going to survive and become better, look at Smart things and Samsung, that community was freaking out during the purchase.  If Lowe's actually advertised what Iris could do like simplisafe did they would have been sold like hot cakes.

I know this is a old thread, but mine died today, got the hub offline figured it was a update or something. Went down to it a few hours later no lights dead. Tried batteries, checked DC and ac power, reset. Guess I'll be getting a v3 tomorrow.

Remember to setup the V3 without the Ethernet cable plugged in if you want to ever use it on WiFi (you will when pairing your devices again since you can take the hub to the device for the 10ft rule). If not then you have to call support to get WiFi enabled, unless they corrected this lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Heads up, Can the V3 par on Battery? I've tried a few times doesn't seem to work. That being said I can see where people are getting upset about redoing their entire system, it is a PITA

Thanks for the Heads up, Can the V3 par on Battery? I've tried a few times doesn't seem to work. That being said I can see where people are getting upset about redoing their entire system, it is a PITA

Oh yeah, that’s the best part is the on battery pairing. The green LED won’t be on but it will indeed pair on battery and if I’m WiFi even better.

Do you have a v3? I seem to be having a difficult time getting z-wave units to pair with my unit.  All the zigbee's seem to pair fine after reset, but I've had no luck so far with the sirens, glass brake, or first alert smoke detectors.  I'm trying a z-wave rebuild Tonight to see if it will help

I feel ashamed, had to break down and call customer service, they walked me through a few devices and got them working.  On a side note my v2 hub decided to turn back on... Strange

Do you have a v3? I seem to be having a difficult time getting z-wave units to pair with my unit.  All the zigbee's seem to pair fine after reset, but I've had no luck so far with the sirens, glass brake, or first alert smoke detectors.  I'm trying a z-wave rebuild Tonight to see if it will help

Yep sure do. Glad you got it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk