help with scheduling rules

3 posts in this topic

I have a rule set up so that if my laundry room motion detects motion it turns on laundry lights for 2 minutes. Id like to schedule it come be active at about 6pm and inactive at 5am. It is 5:30pm and when i walk in there it turns the lights on. An idea why? seem any time i try and do scheduling it acts as if no times are set and just "acts" out the rule.

thanks in advance 

Jay

It could be something else but usually it's because you haven't allowed the rule to change yet.   If the circle next to the rule has a check mark in it the rule is active and your lights will come on.  At 5:00am the circle should uncheck and then the light will not come on until 5:30PM at which time the circle will check again.  The circle does not mean, as most assume, that the rule is turned on or not.  That check mark will uncheck and check by it self depending on if the rule is active or inactive.  When you create the rule it will probably be active so if it is before 5:30 the rule will be active until 5:30am tomorrow

22 hours ago, Terminal said:

It could be something else but usually it's because you haven't allowed the rule to change yet.   If the circle next to the rule has a check mark in it the rule is active and your lights will come on.  At 5:00am the circle should uncheck and then the light will not come on until 5:30PM at which time the circle will check again.  The circle does not mean, as most assume, that the rule is turned on or not.  That check mark will uncheck and check by it self depending on if the rule is active or inactive.  When you create the rule it will probably be active so if it is before 5:30 the rule will be active until 5:30am tomorrow

so i need to have patience.....yikes. thank you i will chck out the circle

you are correct. thank you again