Alarm went off

7 posts in this topic

Last night my keypad started beeping in the middle of the night twice and then a few minutes later the alarm went off. My shop contact set off the alarm in the middle of the night.

The door was still locked and was not open. Long story short was my wife was pissed off. I have seen the keypad just start beeping maybe once in a while a few times but the alarm just go off in the middle of the night.

From what I can tell from the alarm log is the door contact drop the connection and I didn't know because it was in the middle of the night, the alarm was set and after the door contact re-connected and then the alarm went off. I guess the alarm notice something changed. I wasn't happy I had to check my shop door in the middle of the night.

My wife hates this alarm, she calls it stupid.

I am about at the end of my rope with this alarm system.

A drop of the sensor and re-connection should not be the culprit here.  Not sure what is, but once a device has been bypassed to set the alarm, it does not reinsert itself into the alarm profile after it connects.  

I had my alarm activated once when unexpected, but it was because the battery half of the contact sensor on my shed door let loose and fell half off the door, I since put a screw through the back of the contact sensor to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

The contact sensor wasn't bypassed, The alarm was set by the keypad and they batter is about 84% from that I can tell. The sensor is about 30 feet away. This sensor from I can tell has never drop the connection.

Then if if the contact sensor didn't cause the alarm to go off, then I have no clue why, we were is the bedroom.