Garadget
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have to say this. Working in IT support for many years I can see where that user was going and I would not want to go down that road. The company I worked for was big on ticket timing but also known if the users never called or emailed we could never help them.

Almost the opposite of this is what Pebble has done for their customers with their pending absorption by FitBit.

They are sending out one last update that will enable all their devices to work FOPEVER without a connection
to the Pebble servers which are going away and also be able to side-load apps with a server connection.

http://www.techradar.com/news/pebbles-latest-app-update-lets-you-use-your-smartwatch-offline

On 4/6/2017 at 3:39 PM, sparc said:

Almost the opposite of this is what Pebble has done for their customers with their pending absorption by FitBit.

They are sending out one last update that will enable all their devices to work FOPEVER without a connection
to the Pebble servers which are going away and also be able to side-load apps with a server connection.

http://www.techradar.com/news/pebbles-latest-app-update-lets-you-use-your-smartwatch-offline

I was quite disappointed when they canceled Pebble Time2 orders, I was looking forward to the bigger screen.

I am more interested in a notifications device than anything. I bought a FitBit Blaze, but likely will sell it as it 

just isn't what I want. Guess I'll go back to an AndroidWear device. 

I'm not a FitBit or Pebble fan, nothing against them either.

I just thought it was nice that they gave some thought to their
users and didn't leave them hanging after the merger.