Deadbolt locked but iris doesn't know

33 posts in this topic

Even though all 3 devices are z-wave the smoke detector and thermostat do not act as repeaters so it may be a connectivity issue.  How many other z-wave devices do you have paired to your hub?

I still have constant issues with my lock. Often when we leave we lock the front door and once the alarm is set I get a notification saying the door is locking because the alarm was set while it was unlocked (but I KNOW it was locked).
I also get frequent alerts saying the lock is jammed when I can verify that it is NOT. Sometimes I can simply unlock it remotely and lock it back and it will then show it locked properly. Other times I can just wait and I will eventually get a notification saying it is no longer jammed (although no one has touched it).
It seems to work properly for the most part, it's just the status isn't always reported correctly.

When they added the jam detection it caused me all kinds of problems, if the door wasn't all the way closed when the lock command was sent it would show jammed and stay that way for about 8 hours and not let me control it remotely at all until it reset, even if I manually locked or unlocked the device it wouldn't update the interface to allow me to remote control it again until it timed out most of the time, I think once or twice it actually worked soon after changing it manually.  I also had the issue where it would not update to show locked when I locked it manually or even through the app, which likely is why the jammed message wouldn't clear most of the time for many hours.  I tried removing two of the locks, resetting them to factory defaults, and repairing next to the hub and that worked for a while on one of them but then it started having the issues again.  Eventually I ended up moving my locks to SmartThings where they have been much more stable, although I also moved my garage door controller and it has not been as stable as it was on Iris so I've been thinking about moving it back.

Even though all 3 devices are z-wave the smoke detector and thermostat do not act as repeaters so it may be a connectivity issue.  How many other z-wave devices do you have paired to your hub?
Offhand zwave devices:

2nd floor - CO/Smoke and Thermostat
1st floor - front and back door locks, washing machine water detector, smoke detector, Thermostat and hub
Basement - back door lock, CO/Smoke, basement toilet water detector

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, acadiel said:

Offhand zwave devices:

2nd floor - CO/Smoke and Thermostat
1st floor - front and back door locks, washing machine water detector, smoke detector, Thermostat and hub
Basement - back door lock, CO/Smoke, basement toilet water detector

The hub is the z-wave controller, but none of the other devices you listed act as a z-wave repeater so it doesn't surprise me that you're having issues.  You may want to consider adding a V2 smart plug or two.

Gotcha. I had two V2 switches doing nothing, so placed one smack between the front and back doors and the other near the garage. One replaced a TP Link foyer lamp switch, and the other one has nothing plugged into it. Hopefully time will tell.

I have four of the first gen plugs powering lamps with IRIS, but my Wemo plug count is going up too. Good thing Google and Alexa can control both. :)