Iris didn't tell me
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Recently my siren has been going offline. Searched history and Iris didn't tell me about the disconnect or reconnecting several times over a 36 hour period. Not bouncing, just off and nothing then I moved it and back online.

My ISP today had a fiber cut and an outage for 5 hours. Hub offline no notification, hub back online no notification. Iris didn't tell me.

Couldn't control lights attached to smart plugs that were placed due to tough to get at places.

We don't need any LOCAL PROCESSING.

Fix this now.

10 hours ago, Nanker Phelge said:

Recently my siren has been going offline. Searched history and Iris didn't tell me about the disconnect or reconnecting several times over a 36 hour period. Not bouncing, just off and nothing then I moved it and back online.

My ISP today had a fiber cut and an outage for 5 hours. Hub offline no notification, hub back online no notification. Iris didn't tell me.

Couldn't control lights attached to smart plugs that were placed due to tough to get at places.

We don't need any LOCAL PROCESSING.

Fix this now.

Did you put this change request on the official community site as well, https://community.irisbylowes.com since this site isn't monitored as often by Iris employees?  I'm guessing you meant "We need local processing", which they said would be coming Q2, better late than never, although they said Q2 would likely just be security related offline processing.  At the bottom of page 2 they state their plans https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Offline-processing/idi-p/107/page/2#comments

Iris

Community Manager

‎02-16-2017 11:18 AM

Status changed to: Accepted

We recognize how crucial this feature is to many of our users and are actively working to include this functionality.

We will be prioritising Safety & Security features for this update, following your feedback, with a view to launching in Q2 2017.

It's really annoying too when you get home from work and come home to a house that's either cold or hot because your thermostat didn't change temp because the alarm was offline and the schedule didn't run.... I'm less annoyed by my outdoor lights or my living room lights not being on or off. I'll flip a switch, it takes a longer for my house to cool off or warm up. Granted it's all annoying.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:46 PM, OhioYJ said:

It's really annoying too when you get home from work and come home to a house that's either cold or hot because your thermostat didn't change temp because the alarm was offline and the schedule didn't run.... I'm less annoyed by my outdoor lights or my living room lights not being on or off. I'll flip a switch, it takes a longer for my house to cool off or warm up. Granted it's all annoying.

I have a large area of lawn.  It's about 20,000 square feet.  My sprinklers in that zone run for 30 minutes.  The irrigation pump can pump 4000 gallons per hour.  If I go away for a 3 day weekend (and Iris fails to turn off the water) I can come home and find that over a quarter of a million gallons of water has been dispensed.  Iris is my toy... Vera is my Home Automation.  Iris is used for non important tasks over here.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:31 AM, Terk said:

Did you put this change request on the official community site as well, https://community.irisbylowes.com since this site isn't monitored as often by Iris employees?  I'm guessing you meant "We need local processing", which they said would be coming Q2, better late than never, although they said Q2 would likely just be security related offline processing.  At the bottom of page 2 they state their plans https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Offline-processing/idi-p/107/page/2#comments

Iris

Community Manager

‎02-16-2017 11:18 AM

Status changed to: Accepted

We recognize how crucial this feature is to many of our users and are actively working to include this functionality.

We will be prioritising Safety & Security features for this update, following your feedback, with a view to launching in Q2 2017.

Well Q2 2017 has now passed. Thanks Lowes for no local processing.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:30 PM, EyeRuss said:

I have a large area of lawn.  It's about 20,000 square feet.  My sprinklers in that zone run for 30 minutes.  The irrigation pump can pump 4000 gallons per hour.  If I go away for a 3 day weekend (and Iris fails to turn off the water) I can come home and find that over a quarter of a million gallons of water has been dispensed.  Iris is my toy... Vera is my Home Automation.  Iris is used for non important tasks over here.

Has Iris ever failed to turn the water off?  I've had iris controlling my sprinklers for almost three years know and have never had it fail to turn off.

Has Iris ever failed to turn the water off?  I've had iris controlling my sprinklers for almost three years know and have never had it fail to turn off.

He doesn't know, he uses Vera......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, Nanker Phelge said:

Well Q2 2017 has now passed. Thanks Lowes for no local processing.

Last official reply on this issue on the earlier mentioned "official" thread was 2/16/2017.

They are sure on top of it.

We want local processing.