Anyone tried the new Google Assistant linking yet?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Google Assitant linking that was sent out in the update email today?

email link: https://www.irisbylowes.com/blog/iris-at-home/iris-google-assistant-smart-home/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

howto page: https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/855/Other-How-to-Connect-and-use-your-Iris-Smart-Home-system-with-your-Google-Assistant

I've followed all the instructions but cant see Iris as a device in selections. Do we think it needs to wait till an update of firmware?

Go into Google Home then tap the three bar (menu) option and choose Home Control, from there choose the + option to add the service and you should see Iris in the list.  I was able to link mine and have all of my lights and plugs available to Google Home now and so far they work as well as Alexa.  I really like the Google Home's voice confirmation of what it did with your command "Ok, turning the Living room light on" verses Alexa's "Ok"

19 minutes ago, Terk said:

Go into Google Home then tap the three bar (menu) option and choose Home Control, from there choose the + option to add the service and you should see Iris in the list.  I was able to link mine and have all of my lights and plugs available to Google Home now and so far they work as well as Alexa.  I really like the Google Home's voice confirmation of what it did with your command "Ok, turning the Living room light on" verses Alexa's "Ok"

Ahh, ok I don't have a google home device just a chrome cast and the google home app. The way it was described I was assuming the google assistant on the phone that links to the google home app could also be the voice activation. Thanks!