Honeywell T6 Thermostat
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I had a new HVAC put in my home. I requested a thermostat that would work with iris. The installer put the stock thermostat in for the time being and said he would order thermostat that works with iris. I asked for the model number because I am assuming he will not bring one that will work with iris. He texted me Honeywell T6. Click here

Does this thermostat work with iris?

Thanks

I have been happy with the gocontrol for my rental house. It is basic enough for a walk up user to use easily and it works great on iris. I would look at the products page Lowes.com/iris and see if you like another one better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

I have been happy with the gocontrol for my rental house. It is basic enough for a walk up user to use easily and it works great on iris. I would look at the products page Lowes.com/iris and see if you like another one better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GoControl is also about the only thermostat that I know of that you can replace the on/off switch for a millivolt ignition fireplace with and then control the fireplace with Iris and Alexa.  So if you have a gas fireplace that uses millivolt ignition, get two.  They are also very inexpensive..

Iris has a good track record of supporting Honeywell devices, so it would not surprise me to see support for it in the future.
Take this with a grain of salt though, because I have absolutely no insider knowledge... it just appears that they already support a lot of honeywell thermostats and I'm assuming it wouldn't be that difficult to add additional ones.
It looks like the Lyric is a very capable Thermostat, and honestly I'm not sure what you would be gaining by using an iris connected thermostat instead of the Lyric.
It is true that it's nice to have one interface for everything, but I changed from iris to nest for my thermostat and I really don't miss the integration.
I'm hopeful that eventually I'll be able to control it from the iris app as well, however I'm finding that I'd rather have the extra features of the nest and deal with a separate app over the limitations of the iris thermostat. 

It is radio and it works with iris. I had it before my new HVAC was installed. The confusion was could it control a dual fuel HVAC. It does and is up and running.