Anyone get a Quirky GE Outlink Smart Outlet working?

6 posts in this topic

I must have picked up a couple of these back when they got closed them out and just found them in my cabinet. I wired one up to a plug and got it to pair but it says uncertified device and appears to have no functionality. While I don't need the power monitoring and honestly don't need the outlet control I would like to have a zigbee repeater. Wondering if I am better off dumping these on eBay and looking for something officially supported. Thoughts?

Yes, I have three trailers and am always looking for more wheel chocks. :)
These are something different from the GE Outdoor Switches I have that are supposed to work with Iris.

Yeah realize these are regular outlets but I was going to install them inside a waterproof in use box, this outlet is daisy chained off another GFCI. The problem with everything else I have seen is that they are z-wave, I really need a zigbee repeater for my orbit hose end controller. Does anyone make a zigbee repeater for this purpose? Honestly I am not even sure if it would help much since there are probably 10 door/window sensors on that side of the house so placing a plug just outside the house will probably be a minimal improvement unless some coating in the window glass attenuates the signal.

Yeah but since that is a plug in device I would need a really large outdoor box. I was hoping to have just the outlet so a standard in use cover would keep it water tight. I guess I will have to play with this to see if there are other things I can do to increase signal strength out there and also further down the driveway so the key fob reconnects faster.