Sylvania lightify A19 not supported?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I seem to be having issues with a new batch of Sylvania/Osram lightify A19 bulbs. I've used the same brand before with no problems, have about 10 in my home. Bought 4 more from Amazon recently and they show up as unsupported devices without the ability to turn them on or off or dim. Never had these issues before, even tried resetting the bulbs. Wonder if I'm going to have to buy a lightify gateway now, maybe to update the firmware, just never needed one before. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

I haven't purchased any recently, however if the new bulbs are the same model as you previously used, my guess would be that the firmware on the new bulbs is at a higher level (one that Iris doesn't support).  I don't know if you have an option to roll back the firmware on those bulbs to the same version your other bulbs are, even if you had a gateway.  The last time I hooked mine up to the OSRAM gateway to update the firmware (about 9 months ago) it corrected all of my issues with the bulbs so I haven't bothered to remove them from Iris, connect them to the OSRAM gatway, update them, remove them from the gateway, and connect them back to Iris since then.  I would suggest trying the z-wave removal of one and trying it multiple times though as I got on of the GE hinge pin sensors a few months back and had to try connecting it around 15 times to get it to pair correctly as it kept showing up as an unknown device or unsupported device something like that, it still shows up as a Uncertified Device but works fine.

Did you get the new Smart+ versions?  I'm not sure if those are supported by Iris. Sylvania recently changed, or started changing, the branding of their "Lightify" bulbs to "Smart+".

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I tried around 10 times pairing and removing the light bulb, will keep trying. It still only came up as an uncertified device and doesn't allow any kind of control over them, frustrating. They should just work under zigbee protocol as a light bulb. I grabbed one of my old bulbs to compare and they have definitely changed, as you can see. These must be the newer version/model, slightly bigger overall. Wish they would work as I only paid around $10 each, pretty decent deal. Here is a comparison of the old and new light bulb. The one on the left is the newer model. It doesn't mention smart+ on packaging or bulb. If I remember correctly, the old box used to say Osram but now it just says Sylvania. The old model number is 73824 and the new one is 74283.

20170703_203539.thumb.jpg.a231aeea4f00e285c4caeb4b27dc1dc5.jpg20170703_204433.thumb.jpg.3ebaa42ffa9fe64ea1767aefc3c3fb22.jpg