Web Portal list of all devices?
3 3

25 posts in this topic

I like the unofficial Web Portal but I was looking for my Utilitech Siren and Keypad and can't find either. They don't fit into the different categories and there is no list of all devices that I could find? So how do I find Iris devices that are not part of any category?

Work around is I used the official web portal to my Favorites then they showed up on the unofficial web portal.

How about a version of the all devices page that would provide the ability to create a one-page view of all switches for use as a wall controller with an obsolete/leftover iPad or iPhone mounted on the wall.  There are no views that allow this today without scrolling through devices with a lot of info you don't need for a wall controller.  It should also have a black background to minimize its appearance on a wall mounted screen.  The device icons should wrap to fill the screen and only require scrolling if there are too many to fit on one screen (which is a lot if done right).  I posted a similar request on Lowe's web portal site.

39 minutes ago, RonLh said:

How about a version of the all devices page that would provide the ability to create a one-page view of all switches for use as a wall controller with an obsolete/leftover iPad or iPhone mounted on the wall.  There are no views that allow this today without scrolling through devices with a lot of info you don't need for a wall controller.  It should also have a black background to minimize its appearance on a wall mounted screen.  The device icons should wrap to fill the screen and only require scrolling if there are too many to fit on one screen (which is a lot if done right).  I posted a similar request on Lowe's web portal site.

You can come close with the switches and light page, but it would be nice if the info column wasn't there.  If you want a black background go into the General | Accessibility | Display Accommodations settings on your iOS device and turn on the invert colors option.

Lights.png

49 minutes ago, scunny said:

Why is it mounted crooked?

It's not, camera angles do weird things.  The shot I took standing directly in front of the iPad reflected a lot more than just my hands.

9 hours ago, Vettester said:

You can come close with the switches and light page, but it would be nice if the info column wasn't there.  If you want a black background go into the General | Accessibility | Display Accommodations settings on your iOS device and turn on the invert colors option.

Lights.png

Maybe I can make a page for turning off and on devices just for people that want to do this.

Could you make it a page the we can customize like a favorites page that we could select which devices show up?

Then we could group or place in the order we choose which switches, fan controls, etc. fit our individual needs.

On the background option what about offering a few different solid colors as backgrounds that we could choose from.

The files are small and would not put any load on servers or increase page load times.

A dedicated wall-panel web page is sorely needed.  I've tried using both the Lowe's app and Lowe's web page with a lot of frustration.  Both seem to time out after a while and become non-responsive or jump  you to another screen.  I've got an iPhone 4S wall mounted, running in Airplane Mode, WiFi only, with no background app updating turned on.  Going back to the Iris Web Portal page by thegillion for further testing.

OK, a little more experimentation.  All ON/OFF smart plugs and GE toggle switches show status updates OK.  GE dimmer switches and dimmable smart plugs do not update.