utilitech water sensor batteries replaced - still shows 0%
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Got an email from IRIS this morning, low batteries in water sensor.

I replaced them around 14 hours ago. The app still shows 0%.

My other 2 utilitech water sensors show "OK".

I did measure they batteries in my battery tester and they were definitely low and needing replaced.

I guess it is still connected as it shows 3 devices armed in safety alarm card.

Any advices?

Thanks, I just tried with Win in Chrome, Edge and IE11. the login screen takes me now where.  It's dead.

(It does look like I logged in there a long time ago, there was a prefill in IE11).

This link should take you to the login screen: https://bc.irisbylowes.com/login

Login.png

Enter your Iris login credentials and click login.  You should see a message at the top of the open window that reads:  { "status" : "success" }.  Once you see this message you are successfully logged into the portal.  You can then goto http://iriswebportal.com 

The portal uses cookies to store your login info in your browser.  If you clear your browser history you will have to log back on to access the portal.

yeah,, I get a blank white page after entering in details.

I entered a bogus password on another computer and get same white screen.

Is my username/password still what I used with the old lowes.com/iris ?  or is it my email?

Hah! beats me what I use to log in to the app.  I haven't done that in over a year after upgrading from v1.

I just used my "email" as my username and that iris password I had written down and got:

{"status":"success"}  and nothing.

refreshed previous page:

Battery Level

Battery Icon Device Name Battery Level
  HVAC 1 60%
  Main Door 72%
  Motion Sensor 1 67%
  Bedroom Door - new 8/2016   91%
  hot water tank 0%
  Keypad 1 46%
  Main Door - new 8/2016 83%
  NAS Temp Sensor 70%

hvac2

Looks like I'm in the 24 hour pit stop.

Thanks for your help.  I'm not sure why the app

can't display this stuff.  And I do miss charting temps

60%

hot water tank
Vendor:"Utilitech"

battery:0
Protocol:"ZWAV"
Model:TST01-1
Driver Version:1.1
No History Found.
battery:0

HVAC 1

battery:60
No History Found.

hvac2

No History Found.

The timeframe has something to do with how often the device reports status back to the hub.  I'm not sure what the timing is for each type of device, but I know they are configured differently.  As a comparison, I just changed the batteries in a smoke detector and it updated the the power level immediately.

I have a V1 panic button that took over three weeks to update its battery level to recognize that I had replaced the battery.  Neither removing and reinserting the battery nor cycling the button made a difference.

Hmmm, my HVAC 1 is still at 60% on the page, but has been disconnected as of around 3 days ago.   It's first disconnect as of V2 hub.

HVAC 2 is pretty much next to #1.  (end sensors in location about 1 foot apart).

Well an update - hot water tank went low battery to NO battery in 6 hours over night.  That's the important one.

I had used those batteries from another water sensor I had purchased a few years ago.  Well - opened it up - 2 or 3 had leaked.  Will use battery tester tomorrow.

I put in some new Duracell duralock that expire in 2025... and within 30 minutes, reporting 100%.

I now suspect HVAC1 might have suffered a similar fate.  I haven't bothered with it.

It also looks like I've replace several other sensor batteries...although I don't really recall.  Ok - I see my original post was July 2016... so it was probably over a year ago at various times. damn - feels like it was this past spring that I posted the original post.

I'll change out HVAC1/2 batteries in a couple weeks and see if they reconnect quick.

10/2017

Battery Icon Device Name Battery Level
  HVAC 1 60%
  Main Door 99%
  Motion Sensor 1 95%
  Bedroom Door - new 8/2016 90%
  hot water tank 100%
  Keypad 1 65%
  Main Door - new 8/2016 80%
  NAS Temp Sensor 99%
  hvac2 40%