2.4 feature of record for 5 minutes on alarm
1 1

9 posts in this topic

This requires the paid plan.

There is a new feature in 2.4 on the alarm card under more > Record Security Alarm that will be on by default.  It will record to all cameras for 5 minutes upon alarm.

If anyone on IOS has a paid plan and a connected camera could you set a separate rule to record on alarm for 10 minutes and trigger an alarm and report the camera recording results?  If you have Pro Monitoring you can call in and request an ignore on your account for x minutes to perform the test.

Thanks.

Using the new rule?  Or the pre-existing one?  I have always had cameras set to record for 5 minutes on alarm trigger and it works pretty good.  Although I have really crappy AT&T Uverse internet.

10 minutes specifically?

Modify your existing rule to record for 10 minutes and make sure the new camera setting in the alarm card is enabled.  The issue he is trying to verify is if the new setting overrides the rule which would mean the camera would only record for 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Vettester said:

Modify your existing rule to record for 10 minutes and make sure the new camera setting in the alarm card is enabled.  The issue he is trying to verify is if the new setting overrides the rule which would mean the camera would only record for 5 minutes.

Exactly.

I set up rule just as outlined above.  All cameras set to record 10 minutes by rule, record for 5 minutes by alarm card setting.

Result: 2 of the 5 cameras recorded for almost 8 minutes, the other 3 recorded for 1-2 seconds.  I had to download the short clips to view the videos, the long ones played fine in the app.  I believe most of this is due to my crappy internet.  But it does show that the rule would override the alarm card setting.

Hasn't this been a n issue, or at least proposed issue, for a while now?

Haven't a couple people, maybe you Scunny, said that one rule was clipping recording or canceling the other rule with a longer duration.

Am I just missing something? Haven't we had this rule since the beginning?
I've had a camera for a while and I set up a rule "when a security alarm is triggered, start recording from ________ for ___ minutes".
How is this a new feature? Now we have a toggle switch that does the same thing in the cameras card that does the same thing?
*confused