Camera Light / Motion Sensitivity Since Update (8-7-17)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

It maybe coincidence, however Monday morning we had a bunch of problems with our indoor cameras. The alarm armed but with one bypassed because it was detecting motion. Moments later the alarm was triggered due to motion which we canceled and reset. The cameras kept triggering the alarm, until I gave up and set the alarm to partial. The only camera that would not trigger the alarm is in the garage that is completely in the dark (It is also an outdoor model). Later that afternoon, I was able to switch from partial back over to ON, and no problems. This morning, same problem, very early in the morning, they would trigger the alarm, so again I set it to partial.  I called support, and now I have it to ON and of course it works fine.

Regular motion sensors work fine of course, no motion detected.

Anyone else experimenting increased sensitivity since the update? Related? Unrelated?

I'm not seeing any increased sensitivity but at least in my case my system will now trigger an alarm with just one motion detecting motion where there is supposed to be a minimum of 2 motions required to trigger.

5 minutes ago, scunny said:

I'm not seeing any increased sensitivity but at least in my case my system will now trigger an alarm with just one motion detecting motion where there is supposed to be a minimum of 2 motions required to trigger.

You may want to double check to see what motion detectors are in use for alarms, along with how many are required.  I had a single motion sensor set off the alarm when I was trying to troubleshoot my cameras not seeing motion.  I removed the 2 cameras as alarm devices that were part of the 2 motion detectors required for alarm, leaving only a single motion detector.  I never looked at the number of devices required, assuming it would stay at 2 and never alarm with only 1 remaining.  I was proved wrong in the middle of the night.  I checked the alarm requirements and it was down to 1 motion device required to alarm.  Evidently, it tries to be smarter than you.

I've seen my system acting hinky in several respects since the update: an indoor camera that didn't record for a full day, scenes that didn't fully implement, and even rules that got turned off.

Mine was definitely fine before the update. However I don't know when they started the update. So perhaps it was just coincidence. I've always used the cameras as motion sensors in my alarm system, as most of my house has room darkening / insulated curtains. The cameras are basically in dark rooms most of the time (why I have the lights come on if the alarm actually goes off, just so the video that is captured is clearer).

I'm using the cameras as motion sensors not only for the video, but they also were helping me void buying additional motion sensors as well. In the dining room, there is one motion sensor already, however to cover the entire room, I would need two, so the camera was covering the other half, as well as the door.

*edit* -- And I'm not arguing / disagreeing with anyone, I just know what's been working for me the entire time I've had the alarm, so it's frustrating when it decides to stop working. Everyone's feedback is appreciated!