Changing Order on Climate/temp tab
1 1

5 posts in this topic

FHL    0

Does anyone know a way to change the order devices display on the temperature tab. I have put sensors in the HVAC intake and discharge and wanted them to list together. Also, is there any way to log temps over time to better notice trends. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, scunny said:

Not sure about changing the order but you can name them alphabetically to achieve your goal.

This depends on the platform you are using.  Android will sort temps alphabetically, but iOS does not.  There is no rhyme or reason for the sorting order in iOS. 

Temps.png

On 8/12/2017 at 10:59 PM, FHL said:

Does anyone know a way to change the order devices display on the temperature tab. I have put sensors in the HVAC intake and discharge and wanted them to list together. Also, is there any way to log temps over time to better notice trends. Thank you.

You can use thegillion's web portal to accomplish both sorting (alphabetically) and logging.  However, you must keep the temperature page open so this is not an ideal way to log changes. 

Vett is correct. The iOS version of the Temp tab is simply maddening. If you use a lot of contact sensors, then you have a sea of temperature readings that not only are not editable, they aren't even alphabetical. I posted this in the IRIS Community in January (https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-All-app-lists-editable-like-the-quot-Lights-amp-Switches/idc-p/2667#M1055

Once it hit 20 "Kudos" in July, they finally changed the status to Investigating. However, they had this to say:

"We are currently investigating creating editable lists for all devices, although this is not currently a top priority for us. We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this."

If you want to keep it on their radar, please go to the link above and kudo it.