Wifi Connected Pan / Tilt Camera Mount
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I was curious if anyone has found or better yet found and installed a pan / tilt mount that can be controlled remotely for an IRIS camera?  I have a few cameras that even if I have to go to a separate app to move around would be very helpful.  I did a bit of research and I could not seem to find a motorized, wifi connected, web accessible, with a mobile phone app camera mount that was not crazy expensive.

Amcrest has a fairly inexpensive indoor pan/tilt camera that works well.  However, they are a bit bulky.  I have a few of these installed along with my Iris cameras, all being controlled through Blue Iris.  The Blue Iris mobile app has PTZ functionality that works well and can even be setup with PTZ presets that are triggered from an external source.  It's too bad it doesn't interface with Iris motion and contact sensors.

Hi Vettester,

What I am hoping to find is just a mount that I can hook up the IRIS camera to.  This way I can still use IRIS for all my camera viewing and recording but if I need to pan or tilt the camera I can do it over the Internet.  I found this but it does not appear to have any kind of way to control it over the Internet:  http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/82-12440?green=1F23BB16-6AEB-5D12-A75F-0E3978E4C8EE

So imagine the Amcrest mount with no camera on it.......