Motion Bypass

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to bypass motion sensors?  My thing is I want to have my alarm armed with the contact sensors and motion sensors on my first floor but the motion sensors on the second floor be used to turn on a light when I get out of bed to use the bathroom at night.  Does the motions always have to be used for the alarm part?

1 hour ago, PeteSal said:

Is there a way to bypass motion sensors?  My thing is I want to have my alarm armed with the contact sensors and motion sensors on my first floor but the motion sensors on the second floor be used to turn on a light when I get out of bed to use the bathroom at night.  Does the motions always have to be used for the alarm part?

"On" is like the "Away" feature on traditional alarm systems.  "Partial" is like the "Stay" feature.  "On & Partial" is use a sensor for both modes.

In your application - per what thegillion posted above, set your upstairs motion detectors to "On" (not participating when alarm set to Partial).  Your downstairs sensors need to be set to "On & Partial".  When you sleep at night use "Partial" mode and use "On" when you leave the house.