Something Fishy Around Here (again) [emoji23]
2 2

9 posts in this topic

My GE Link Bulbs were so unstable after the last firmware update I removed them, so my update barometer isn't working right now.  However, I did have my sirens go off today for no apparent reason.  There was no indication within the app or the history as to what triggered the sirens.

That's because more than likely you're lightyears ahead of everybody else anyway.  I wouldn't say it's a joy detecting an update, it's more of a nuisance.  In my opinion, updates should be seamless with no disruptions in functionality to the end user.

My GE Link Bulbs were so unstable after the last firmware update I removed them, so my update barometer isn't working right now.  However, I did have my sirens go off today for no apparent reason.  There was no indication within the app or the history as to what triggered the sirens.

I was searching trying to remember what you called it from previous posts “update barometer” . Yeah usually it is my water heater that will drop and come back 10-15 seconds later. Today it was cameras and my daughters keyfob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there is a major hurricane off the coast, there will be people evacuating and wide spread power losses...so I'm sure they are getting ready to push a major update in the midst of that. I seem to remember the same scenario last year. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gets me is there is rarely any notice of what IRIS changed in their updates.  Features change and drop off with no notice.  A simple notice that you should check your connections/pairings after the update would be a (small) step in the right direction.  After one update, I found out my thermostat settings changed to the default settings while I was on vacation and overrode the Hold I had placed.  Another update affected one of my window sensors and I did not realize it had not re-paired until a few days later.  They're affecting people's safety yet don't seem to do the due diligence to ensure the sensors, cameras, locks, chimes, etc will work afterward.