Keypad should beep when sensor has been triggered
1 1

5 posts in this topic

The keypad used to beep, notifying you the system was about to go into full alarm when a sensor had been triggered.  With the new Hub, this feature went away.  Now, the keypad lights up but doesn't beep when a sensor has been triggered and when you forget to check the keypad, the system will go to full alarm without giving you a warning like it used to.

I just want my keypads to chime when the doorbell is pushed or when a door contact that has been set to chime is opened.

The feeble ding on the hub can not be heard throughout the house, let alone in the next room. I believe the keypads used to chime with the V1 hub, but it's been so long since they worked I'm not sure. I hear it all the time from the wife that she can not hear the hub ding when someone pushes the not-so-smart doorbell. And when people come over that's the first piece of Iris that they interact with, and when I tell them Iris has no stinking doorbell they are immediately turned off to the whole system.

My keypads all chime when contact sensors are opened.  They do this on 2 separate systems, home and work.  I only have certain doors set to chime, so it is a selectable feature of each contact sensor.

I agree on the door bell.  Would be nice if each keypad chimed.  For the time being, I have it send a push notification and turn on the entryway light when the button is pushed.  I also have it start a short recording on my front porch camera.  My wife and I get the notification on our phones and watches, so it helps a little.

Yes, I have our system set up the same. We both receive a NOTF on the phone but an audible on the keypads would be nice. I have all the doors that we normally don't use and those that are in the outbuildings all set to chime at any time of the day. That way if someone opens a garage door we know it in the house. This is helpful because not all the doors are visible from the house. I wish the tilt sensors could be included in the chime feature, for those I have a notification set.

Also for the garage doors I use a rule under the Care section to notify me if either of the overhead garage doors is open for longer than 5 minutes. This is just insurance that the garage door has closed after you have left. Sometimes you hit the close button on the remote for the door and it closes, but if you don't hang around until it's fully closed you could have it pop back open because it encountered an obstruction or maybe just a little added resistance which can cause the door to reverse and open up. Or maybe the close command was not received. In any case the NOTF lets you know the door is still open and you can decide to check on it or not.