Updated Camera Card in 2.5

5 posts in this topic

Iris has made several changes to the Camera Card, most of which I like. The wider field of view in the thumbnails is a nice add.  Another big plus is that you actually have to touch the play button image.png.de0d421597360a3c4611f9828fcf4885.pngin the middle of the screen to play a clip. Before, you could touch anywhere on the screen and it would play, which I often inadvertently did when trying to hit the Delete icon.

Two things I don't like: 1) every time I delete a clip, it takes me back to the top of the page (the most recent clip), even if I was deleting ones that were 30 clips down the page, and

2) The rendering of the thumbnails in the Clips sub-card seem to take much longer to re-render after deleting a clip.

Edited by pavalov
See post below.

I don't think there is a wider field of view in the thumbnail. (The snapshot on the camera card)  Mine is seriously cropped and has been since version 1.11.   This is a major irritation for me. 

Edit:  If you are talking about the thumbnail on the video clip page I think they have always displayed the correct field of view. 

Edit 2:  No the camera preview thumbnail on the video clip page is also badly cropped.

16 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

I don't think there is a wider field of view in the thumbnail. (The snapshot on the camera card)  Mine is seriously cropped and has been since version 1.11.   This is a major irritation for me. 

Edit:  If you are talking about the thumbnail on the video clip page I think they have always displayed the correct field of view. 

Edit 2:  No the camera preview thumbnail on the video clip page is also badly cropped.

Agreed that the snapshot in the camera card is still seriously cropped. However, I thought the preview thumbnails on the video clip page were now not cropped -- same field of view as the video itself.  Upon further checking, though, you are right on that count, too.  Although I was correct that the FOV's were the same on the thumbnails and the videos, it was because the two cameras I checked had had their Image Quality settings re-set to 640x480. I'm not sure if that occurred with the firmware update, but I had had them set at 1280x720.

I don't really use my one V1 camera very often any more.  I can only view it since I don't pay for Premium, but I was just playing with it and I noticed there is a sound bar slider in the frame now.  I could not hear anything,  It's in my shop and it's pretty quite there right now and all the doors are shut,  Are they now allowing sound?.