Notification of lost connection

5 posts in this topic

Interesting, today I received a push notification and an email saying my hub lost connection to the cloud platform.
By the time I got around to check it, everything was working just fine... Might have been a temporary drop in my internet connection.
I don't remember seeing this in the past.

Iris posted over on the community forum that hub disconnects will now appear in History.  Is anyone seeing this?  I reset my hub yesterday through gillion's portal and there was nothing in my history about the hub going offline.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:50 AM, Terminal said:

<...> Is anyone seeing this?  I reset my hub yesterday through gillion's portal and there was nothing in my history about the hub going offline.

Read this post today and tried it.  Well - indeed it does log it now!  I removed my Ethernet cable from the hub at approx. 7:59pm PDT.  At about 8:30pm I get a app. notification and an e-mail that the hub has gone offline.  Checked app, and History does show a entry for lost connection.

I reconnected the Ethernet cable and once I get the solid green LED, I immediately get another app. notification + e-mail that the hub has reconnected.  And History properly reflects this as well.

I tried it again at 8:40pm and got a notification at 9:11pm.  So it looks like you'll need to have a hub that's been offline for about 30 minutes before Iris will send you notifications about it.

To me that's perfectly acceptable and this behavior is the way I'd expect it to work.  Fantastic!

I think a 30 minute window on a notification or email is acceptable.  It seems to me, however,  anytime there is a reset or even a momentary connection loss to the hub, it should show in the history.

The comment on the Iris community forum from a support member was:...

With our latest update, when a hub goes offline it will now show up in history.

I guess it should read when a hub goes offline for 30 minutes it will show up in history.