New V1 stock?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Ok now I'm confused?

I think this would be good news though, the V1 contact sensors are so much better.... IMHO.  The smart plugs, I have both, I prefer the V2 just for the repeater function. On the motion sensors, I only have V1. Overall the build quality seems better on V1 stuff anyways.

*Edit* So I just looked on the website, V1 stuff is back on the website as well.

Could be good or bad. Either looking to clear out old stock before they throw in the towel
or they've decided some of the V1 stuff was good enough to give it another go.

Either way I will check out my local Lowes tomorrow for a couple more motion sensors.
The V1 sensors have been rock solid for me and have excellent battery life. The one V2
motion sensor I have has also been flawless, so its not because I have a problem with
them, just that the V1s a re a bit less expensive and there is not much difference in the
capabilities of the two models.

I found that the North Myrtle Beach store also has a bunch of V1 stock when I went there looking for a camera last week.
Unfortunately, the display as a whole looks worse than any I've ever seen. Lots of non-iris products added in (everything from Arlo Surveillance systems to cheap surge suppressors).
I was surprised that they even had a blue line energy monitor (in a VERY worn and faded box) in the spot for the leaksmart water valve. How can they sell something like that which doesn't even work with iris anymore? Online it showed they had 4 of the indoor/outdoor cameras in stock, but they didn't even have a place on the shelf or a pickup card for it. When I asked someone in customer service they went and looked in "the cage" and found it. It's almost like the local stores are purposely trying to kill iris.

4 hours ago, Smitho said:

I was surprised that they even had a blue line energy monitor (in a VERY worn and faded box) in the spot for the leaksmart water valve. How can they sell something like that which doesn't even work with iris anymore? 

BlueLine still works very well as a standalone energy monitoring product.

BlueLine.png   BlueLine2.png

I was in a local but not a normal store for me this past weekend and saw the same 3 items for sale.

Personally I think the build quality on the V1 stuff is far superior to the V2 devices in the same category.

12 hours ago, scunny said:

Personally I think the build quality on the V1 stuff is far superior to the V2 devices in the same category.

Build quality is definitely better but I can't justify spending that much at this point on devices I can't take to another platform if Iris takes a dump.