CT101 thermostat keeps disconnecting

6 posts in this topic

I'm having the same problem with my Kwikset locks.  after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, gave up in frustration.  this is a new system.  i am now going to rebuild the zwave network. i've already rebooted the hub and reset the lock.  rebuilding the zwave network fixed my problem, maybe it can help you.  i just asked Alexa if the door was locked, and she said that it was. 

I have four of the Radio Thermostats paired with my hub.  Two of them within 6 feet. After years of working fine, suddenly all of the thermostats are either disconnecting or ignoring commands. I have tried removing and repairing, hardware reset and repairing and a factory reset and repairing.  They work fine for a day and then experience the same issues.  What is very odd is that if I manually change the temp or mode on the thermostats I can see the change on my iPad but if I try to change a setting from my iPad or iPhone the change is ignored.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, I ended up removing both of mine a few weeks ago.  One was disconnecting constantly, and seemed to do it when it was heating to a warm temp.  Therefore, It was keeping an empty house heated.  

I had another one at work, doing the same thing.  I replaced both with Honeywell thermostats that Home Depot was selling for $69.

It caused me to have another app for scheduling, but you can change the temp in Iris.

Definitely a bummer, as they had worked great for a couple of years.  Basically unlimited temp changes throughout the day.  Honeywell allows 4 per day.

I haven't experienced any disconnect issues, but I have noticed that if you change the temp on an iOS device it doesn't respond on the first attempt.  However, if you try changing it a 2 or 3 times in a row it seems to work.  Mine is setup on a schedule that doesn't get changed very often so I'm not sure when this started.  I typically use Alexa if I need to change the temperature manually and I haven't noticed any issues.