iris app problem

4 posts in this topic

Recently I have noticed that my app is not updating when I perform commands. For example...when I change the temperature on my thermostat, it makes the change on the thermostat itself but is not reflected on the app. Also when I turn lights on and off, they function properly but the app does not show the change. I deleted the app and reloaded it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same issues, starting Tuesday night/Wednesday. My app was still displaying device settings from Tuesday. My CT101 thermostats continued to follow their schedule correctly, but didn't show the changes in the app or even in the History. Switches affected too. A hub reset didn't fix the problem.

Tier 2 opined that large systems sometimes take a while for the hub reset to shake out. I suspect the roll-out of the app update is causing some back-office firmware problems. But the same pattern occurred again last night/today. A hub reset had no immediate effect, but after a while, the app updated the status of my devices (again, thermostats and some switches). I have a call back in to Iris.

3 hours ago, Vettester said:

There was also a firmware update pushed out earlier today (V2.1.0.055) that resolved an issue with Alexa not being able to turn devices off.

Yeah, that was weird. Alexa would say "OK", but not carry out the command. Wonder what caused it to "break."