Hub not updating?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I have received the emails regarding hub updates and check via the website after the expected install. The version on the site still shows as V2.1.0.013, which I believe is multiple versions old at this time.  Hub is constantly online with no issues. Anyone have any thoughts? 

Version
Iris V2.1.0.013

13 minutes ago, PeteSal said:

How did you make out redbo?  What is the latest firmware for the hub?  Mine is V2.1.0.58.  I can't find anything as to what the latest is.

You have the current version.

2 hours ago, PeteSal said:

How did you make out redbo?  What is the latest firmware for the hub?  Mine is V2.1.0.58.  I can't find anything as to what the latest is.

The most current version is actually V2.1.0.058.  Firmware versions are pushed out to your hub automatically so as long as your hub is registered properly and connected to the internet, it should update whenever a new firmware is available.  

Sorry I didn't post and update. I spoke with customer support twice. The first time the CS rep did a restart of the hub remotely and told me that would solve the problem. Of course, it did not and I called back. Second time I explained the situation and I kept being put on hold as the CS rep spoke to higher level tech support. I was instructed to rest the hub myself by removing from power and battery back-up, which I did. The rep told me that this should solve the problem and that the hub should update eventually. I mentioned that the hub has failed to update for numerous updates (again) and I was not confident that this would resolve the issue. I also asked for a more definitive estimate than "eventually" regarding the update, but one couldn't be provided. I had asked to be taken to next level support but it did not happen. We hung up with my being pessimistic regarding an eventual firmware update.

To my surprise, about fifteen minutes later I noticed the firmware was update to .57.   I then received a call from true Tech Support at Lowe's who proceeded to tell me that they pushed the update through and they were glad I called because at some point down the road it may have been impossible to catch-up with my outdated firmware.  They couldn't tell my why my hub wasn't updating but it did get resolved.  I guess the CS rep I was speaking with spoke to tech support after we hung up and a light bulb must have gone off and they actually looked at my account.

I came away happy that the issue appears to be resolved in that I was at least moved up to current firmware, we'll see if I get them in the future (I am still on .57). However, I was disappointed with the level of support on the phone as both CS reps I spoke with seemed very low level and not able to address any serious technical questions. I definitely felt like the second CS rep was just relaying info to the tech team and then getting back to me with information getting "lost in the translation." It was probably the least impressed I have been with CS reps I have spoken to regarding technical support, at least that I can recall.