Iris Q3 Reset Overview on YouTube
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting. Seems like some equivocal messaging: "Iris has a lot of great momentum right now," [but] Google Home display will "replace the Iris Digital Media player . . . most are dead anyway." "Hopefully, it will sell a whole lot of Google Home because, after all, Google Home works with Iris."

14 minutes ago, LobsterBoxed said:

What happened to the video?

Who knows, I found it somewhat odd this video was available for public view as it seemed to be for store managers only but it hit my inbox so I posted it.

1 hour ago, Terminal said:

So what did it say?

It really didn't say a whole lot about Iris IMO as it was basically for dept. managers to show them how to reset the Iris end cap/aisle display--stick up a new sign for Google Home and have "pick tickets" for GH for customers to purchase it, plus have Sensormatic banding on Iris hub, Iris security packs, etc. to eliminate pick tickets on those items.

The guy said they also still had a lot of V1 stuff in inventory that would be merchandised cheaper alongside new Iris stuff--but his version of cheaper seems to be different from what mine is as most of the V1 stuff around here is still not really at a lower price point in my local stores.

The guy didn't address the main problem I see in the 9 stores in my area (some have dropped Iris altogether)--they sure need to blow off the thick layers of dust on the Iris packaging, clear out the shop-worn/opened/torn products.  Just hanging up a couple of new signs and sliding in a corner shelf like the guy showed is not going to help the displays too much in my area stores.

A good half day of dusting, wiping, new plastic hang tags, reset shelves, hang pegs, etc is needed in every Iris display around here. I can't believe that  a visit from a regional or district manager hasn't cleaned up these valuable retail end cap displays in 2+ years in area stores here--I guess they just don't care. If I was a dept. manager over the Iris aisle, I would be ashamed to have such a pitiful looking display.

mojo2600

I went into a different Lowes than usual and they had a new display for a bunch of tech goods up front between customer service and self check out. The iris system and devices were mixed in with Ring, Google etc. But the area it was given was quite small and was in the back corner, not front and center.