Local Processing Is Here
2 2

57 posts in this topic

Thanks, it's good to know we need to turn off our systems to get the update (We will only update your system while it is disarmed), and I will need to remove my Hinge pin sensor in order to get the update (Places with a NYCE Tilt Sensor or uncertified devices are currently unable to participate in Local Processing).

Here’s what’s new in 2.7:

Local Processing for Security & Panic Alarms

Triggered Security & Panic Alarms will now make noise inside the home even if the Smart Hub is disconnected from the internet. Keypads & Sirens paired to your Smart Hub will sound to deter intruders from entering your home. There are a few things to be aware of:

1. It is best that your Hub is always connected to the internet. If your internet service is unstable; consider purchasing a 4G LTE modem that plugs into your Hub that will keep your Hub connected to the internet via cellular backup service. A $7.99/month fee usually applies, but is waived if you sign up for Professional Monitoring.
  2. As a safety precaution, we will not roll out this Local Processing feature to Hubs whose Security Alarms are Armed (In On or Partial Modes). We will only update your system while it is disarmed.
  3. Places with a NYCE Tilt Sensor or uncertified devices are currently unable to participate in Local Processing. These devices have unique settings that require more development and testing before they are released. However, expect Places with a NYCE Tilt Sensor to receive Local Processing as an update in the upcoming months.

I had someone from iris direct message me on the 'official' forum. They checked my hub ID and confirmed that local processing was enabled at my place.
I guess if they have enough people bug them about it, maybe they will come up with a way to show local processing status within the app.

When I go to the devices page on the web portal, I can see which are cloud-based and which are local now.

I looked at my hub info and I don't see where anything has been updated yet, still at firmware version .058

On the few individual devices I looked at they are "devadv:hubLocal":true

But since I don't have the firmware update because I have the NYCE sensors it seems it will not matter.

If I removed the NYCE sensors I wonder how long before the update would get pushed out to me, then
add the NYCE sensors back into the system. Might create a problem I am thinking so probably better to wait
until they are ready. My system has been pretty stable for the last few months, no need to upset the apple
cart I think.

I think I found it. It's in the alarm subsystems. 

The provider of the alarming implementation. Defaults to PLATFORM.

There are 2 values for this PLATFORM and HUB

I have added the same icons to the home screen. Do a ctrl+F5 to see it