Local Processing Is Here
2 2

57 posts in this topic

Here are my test results 12/5/17:

Alarm will NOT turn ON with keypad or App if hub is disconnected from the ethernet cable.

Alarm WILL turn on from keypad or app BUT ONLY if ethernet net cable IS connected and the Internet is working.

Alarm will sound if I trip any door or motion sensor while the ethernet net cable is removed from the hub. I can stop the alarm only at the keypad.

AFTER I reconnect the ethernet cable, the events that happened with the ethernet cable disconnected, ( like opened door, turned off at keypad, etc.) will appear in the history within 5 minutes.

I have ALL V1 devices only.

I can't test anything else, as I use Vera as my home automation system including water sensors, temp control, etc.

Iris is only my toy.

That all sounds like how I'd expect it to work except the Alarm not turning on from the keypad with the Ethernet cable disconnected.  There really should be no reason I can think of for Iris to limit being able to turn it on without Internet, hopefully they know this is an issue.

6 hours ago, Terk said:

... hopefully they know this is an issue.

Well, Yes and no.  They designed it such that the alarm can not be turned on without Internet ON PURPOSE.  So, No.  It is not an issue! 

Why? Because Iris developers are not paid as much as Google developers. And everyone gets what they pay for.