GE (Jasco) Z-Wave Enbrighten EZ Smart LED Bulb
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Well, I'm back. I don't expect anyone to remember me, but I was here near the beginning. I'll post details in the old Hello thread if anyone is interested.

Anyway, after reading the post about Walmart having cheap GE switches, I decided to check the local ones. It was Thanksgiving and I was at my grandparents, and luckily the only store around that had any was less than 20 minutes away.

They had about 10 GE dimmers, a few regular GE switches, a GE motion sensor, an outdoor plug or so, and a couple of other things, all between $19 and $21. I was low on cash, so I only picked up 2 dimmers and a $9.95 GE Enbrigthen LED bulb. I was excited about the bulb as it's my first.

Long story short, it doesn't work. I posted on the main forum, and instead of rewriting it, here it is (which I hope is okay). Does anyone know anything that can help me?

Thanks!

J. Mills

Re: GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

Similiar issues, but here's a different product from the others listed so far: I have the GE branded (Jasco made?) Z-Wave Enbrighten EZ Smart LED Bulb, as well as two dimmers that I have not tried yet. They all say Works with Iris.

I can get the bulb to pair, but it is labeled as uncertified and there are no controls. I've tried the usual procedures to get it to work, including soft resets of the hub and the flipping the switch 4 times in 4 seconds to reset the buld. No matter what combination I attempt I can not get it to be recognized as a certified device by Iris. I have spent hours of my time with this.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Since these use a z-wave protocol I assume you are using the z-wave removal tool within the Iris app before factory resetting the bulb?  Also, make sure you have removed any new unknown devices within the Iris app before trying to re-pair it to your hub..

Still no luck, though I have noticed something interesting that I haven't before: when the Z-Wave removal tool removes the bulb, it calls it a dimmer switch. Not sure if this is important or not, but it obviously has some idea of what its dealing with though not quite there.

Any other ideas? Thanks so far!

J. Mills

Just FYI: I still never got this working. I've tried the suggestions in every way I can think of.  To answer your question: there are no new unknown devices in my list. I've removed all unknown and malfunctioning devices.

I can remove/reset the bulb via Zwave remove an endless number of times, by the way. I'm not sure if that's normal.

Thanks for the help, Vett.

J.