Push Notification to Alexa
1 1

9 posts in this topic

So you would like to be able to select for each door open/close or other event that Alexa announce the event with something like;

"Back door was just opened" or "Bill just arrived home"

That would be a nice feature. Would need to be able to select each individual event though, else you could get overwhelmed with announcements and stuff you don't want to hear. Also need to be able to set a quiet time for when people are sleeping. Or maybe you DO want to hear when the back door opens and one of the kids is sneaking out of the house. :-)

2 hours ago, Vettester said:

I'm reading that and to me it sounds like it's geared toward someone developing a device that they are looking to incorporate AVS (Alexa Voice Services) into. Almost the opposite of what is being asked for here. Either that or I am completely misunderstanding what they are trying to get across on the page you linked to.

I gave up. However the next best thing was to download an app to my phone called "Voice Notify". It speaks your Notifications. You can uncheck all except Iris by Lowe's app. Then in the Iris app add the notifications you want.