Stelpro Baseboard Thermostat
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Picked up a Stelpro KI STZW402WB+ Thermostat for my baseboard heaters in the garage.  Device pairs easily.....but just shows up at “New Device”.  Anyone tried one of these or have any ideas?  Have put the hub right beside it but same result.

Just as an FYI in case anyone is interested in an inline voltage baseboard heating thermostat, I have solved my issue by spending the time to break open the Smartthings box and set the hub up.  Paired the thermostat with zero problems and it works pretty darn well (both the SmartThings Hub and the thermostat).

Not making this an “Iris vs Smartthings” thread.  But if you have these types of heaters and would like to control them remotely, I can confirm that they do not work with Iris, but work great on the Smartthings platform.

I’m now pretty interested to play with both platforms side by side for a bit to compare.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:34 PM, camshaft said:

Just as an FYI in case anyone is interested in an inline voltage baseboard heating thermostat, I have solved my issue by spending the time to break open the Smartthings box and set the hub up.  Paired the thermostat with zero problems and it works pretty darn well (both the SmartThings Hub and the thermostat).

Not making this an “Iris vs Smartthings” thread.  But if you have these types of heaters and would like to control them remotely, I can confirm that they do not work with Iris, but work great on the Smartthings platform.

I’m now pretty interested to play with both platforms side by side for a bit to compare.

Thanks much for this!  You just solved a longstanding problem for me.  I have a small detached workshop with baseboard heaters.  SmartThings hub and Stelpro KI STZW402WB+ thermostat on order! And I get to play with a new tech toy to boot.  Also sending an email to Stelpro asking them to work on Iris integration.  There have been several questions about this here over the years so I know they could fill a niche.