Hub chime with motion detection

7 posts in this topic

I have my ST multi-sensor 6 set up to play a old style doorbell sound in the form of a .mp3 file through the Aeron doorbell when it sees motion.

So any time there is movement in view of that sensor I hear a ding-dong sound of a 50s era doorbell in the house.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:03 AM, sparc said:

I have my ST multi-sensor 6 set up to play a old style doorbell sound in the form of a .mp3 file through the Aeron doorbell when it sees motion.

So any time there is movement in view of that sensor I hear a ding-dong sound of a 50s era doorbell in the house.

Sweet.  I'm gonna look into this.

I'm using an Iris camera at my front door that triggers motion based on zone crossing through Blue Iris.  If someone starts walking towards my front door the camera starts recording and sends be a snapshot via a text message if I'm not home.  It also triggers a Winchester door chime (setup on a schedule to only ring between 9:00 am to 10:00 pm) and then moves my driveway PTZ camera (which is recoding 24/7) to a preset facing the sidewalk.  After there has been no motion for 2 minutes the PTZ camera moves back to it's original position.  This total process is accomplished using Iris, Blue Iris and Dahua's API.  It's too bad all this just couldn't be done with Iris alone.  Maybe someday, but for know we can only dream and look for ways to use third party integration.