2GIG Go!Control panel
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a protection1 system that uses a 2GIG Go!Control panel. There are a number of door and window sensors. Will all these work with the Iris hub or will I need to buy all new parts? What would be the best way to find out?

12 hours ago, faulk28 said:

I have a protection1 system that uses a 2GIG Go!Control panel. There are a number of door and window sensors. Will all these work with the Iris hub or will I need to buy all new parts? What would be the best way to find out?

Unfortunately your 2GIG sensors will not be compatible with IRIS.  2GIG uses their own wireless communication protocol and frequencies (at 345MHz).  The IRIS ecosystem utilizes either ZigBee or ZWave as their protocol for sensors.  That's not to say that if you already have some automation products like wall switches, or as Vett pointed out, the thermostat, for your 2GIG panel (they're ZWave), it might work on IRIS but don't quote me on that.

Fun fact - the IRIS Utilitech-branded glass break sensors for IRIS (GB-00Z-1) look awfully similar to 2GIG's version since Linear is behind both sensors.  It's still not compatible to IRIS because it also uses 2GIG's wireless protocol.  It appears the specs are a little different as well between 2GIG's and IRIS' version.