GE Devices Having Trouble
1 1

8 posts in this topic

This afternoon many of my GE devices have gone offline. Like 14 light switches are offline, a GE plug in switch, and a GE wall outlet. All GE, all offline right now. 

I tried restarting the hub - no change

I am now rebuilding the Z-Wave network, after an hour, it is at 60% - No change yet. Hopefully the rebuild will bring them back.

One of my GE switches is actually stuck in the ON position and will not turn off even at the switch, manually.

Is there something going on? or any suggestions for additional troubleshooting?

I've seen this before. A hub restart and optimization should bring them back.

It's like the network gets congested and devices lose their routing and it all goes to hell.

Resetting and rebuilding has slowly worked to get my GE devices back online, but it is going slowly and has still not completely worked. I still have 6 items offline. 

I'm going to sleep on it, but if things have not worked themselves out in the morning, I'm probably going to have to call tech support. 

This is the only time I have ever had this kind of problem with my IRIS system. 

This happened to me a few weeks ago.  6 of 8 outdoor modules, 3 of many light switches, 1 of several fan switches all fell off.  Some reconnected on manual activation, but one of the switches had to be removed and re-paired.  Some of the outdoor modules had to be brought close to the hub and manually activated.  The furthest switch is the one that had to be removed.  I ended up taking the hub to that detached shop to remove and re-pair.

I thought maybe one of them was the center for the others, but they were in opposite directions from the hub.  They have all been stable since.

9 hours ago, DuoDS said:

I'm going to sleep on it, but if things have not worked themselves out in the morning, I'm probably going to have to call tech support. 

I've had that weirdness happen, too. Tech Support is just going to have you remove and re-pair. If you give it some more time before calling them, you may find that every one of your devices comes back on-line without having to do the removal. Preferable, especially if you have Rules, Scenes and Schedules related to the devices.

5 hours ago, rdisom said:

I thought maybe one of them was the center for the others, but they were in opposite directions from the hub.  They have all been stable since.

I was thinking this may have been the case too - one center device has ceased routing the others.

If after your optimization has completed and still have missing devices, the next thing you can try is to restart all your switches.  You can cut power (via the breaker) to those switches briefly, and power them back on.  Then follow that up with another hub reset.

I had six of the above-mentioned devices all go offline at the same moment, also during the same timeframe mentioned. However, all three of my newer GE Zwave Plus switches (purchased from Lowe's) were completely unaffected. Four of the older switches came back online in about eight hours, and the last two came back at about four hour intervals. One of the affected switches was within 10 ft of the hub. At my other house, with a similar mix of GE switches, had no disconnects at all. I note that the switches that did disconnect had no prior disconnects at all except during power failures. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, DuoDS said:

Resetting and rebuilding has slowly worked to get my GE devices back online, but it is going slowly and has still not completely worked. I still have 6 items offline. 

This is the only time I have ever had this kind of problem with my IRIS system. 

It has happened to me a couple times, but not in the last 6 months thank God. It's a PITA to get them working again.

Don't wish you the pain of restoring everything but glad to see it's not just me that it happens to, as I was beginning to think I was crazy.