AEOTEC water sensor, Z-wave flood and leak sensor
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I purchased an Aeotec water sensor from Amazon since my Utilitech Water Sensor was giving me connectivity issues after two years.  Anyway, there is no AEOTEC devices listed, so being that it and the Utilitech were Z-Wave, I decided to try adding it as you would the Utilitech Water Sensor.  My hub recognized it right away with the description being Aeotec Water Sensor (or something like that).  The sensor was added and works great.  One difference I've noticed, when the Utilitech sensed water the alarm at the keypad would alarm. The keypad does NOT alarm when the Aeotec senses water.  However, it does generate and email to me as was set up as a Rule.

Hope this helps others...

6 hours ago, Terk said:

Just curious, have you checked your Alarm participating devices to see if the Aeotec water sensor is available?

I did not try there until I saw your post. Even though I used the "add Utilitech water sensor" the system does not recognize it like the actual utilitech sensor. When I look at my options it is not there. So the Aeotec must not be recognized as such in the alarms profile. However it does recognize it when creating a rule for a leak sensor. I recently integrated my hardwired smoke alarm system into Iris using a modified door/window sensor. I can rename that contact as Smoke Alarm and create rules but again in the alarms setup for smoke detectors it is not recognized as a smoke alarm device.  So yet another frustrating limitation.