Dead bolt not updating battery status

3 posts in this topic

The batteries in my Schlage deadbolt recently died. Either something caused them to drain rapidly or they were duds... either way, I replaced them and it seems to lock now without being sluggish, but the battery level still shows as 0%. If I try to lock via Alexa I get a response saying iris wasn’t sure if the door locked because the batteries are low...

Have any of you experienced this before? How can I get the battery status to update? It’s been about 6 hours since they were replaced. 

I have moved all my locks to ST, but if I remember correctly the first time I changed the battery in one of my locks while it was still on Iris it took about 24 hours before the battery status updated, it might have been longer. 

[edit]I thought I posted about it and I found my post here.  Mine updated sometime during the night more than 6 hours if I remember right, but it was a Kwickset and not a Schlage.

Yep, it updated sometime overnight, so it was somewhere between 8 hours and 20 hours...
I've changed batteries in it before and didn't NOTICE that it didn't update immediately. I bet it just polls the battery status once per day and depending on the time of day you change them it could be pretty quick or almost a full day.
The only reason I noticed was because I was lazy and tried to use alexa to lock the door. Apparently, if the batteries are low (or it THINKS they are low) you can not lock via alexa.