Siren sounded but only supposed to send email
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

My Iris system has been working well... until last night around 2 am. I have a leak detector in my sump and if the water level gets too high, Iris sends me an email. This has worked fine in the past but it's been nearly a year since it was activated. Last night some water splashed on the sensor but Iris decided that an email wasn't enough and tripped my siren. My dogs were really excited but my wife and I were less than thrilled. ;-)

So, I'm still trying to figure out why the siren was activated. Any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same thing happen this past weekend. My settings had changed from no sounds on alarm to sirens and keypads to sound on alarm. Must have happened on an update because I had not changed the settings.

You sir, are correct. I was able to do more troubleshooting when I got home from work and found that switch in my app (Android) had been moved to the "on" position. It took me a bit to find the setting since I haven't adjusted it in a year. I really hope Iris can avoid changing our settings in future updates.

On a side note, I noted that the hub and/or keypad was also sounding during last night's alarm. I can't recall if that always happens or is it because the alarm sounds switch was switched to the "on" position? I don't get many alarms.