Regularly having app/website issues.

2 posts in this topic

For probably the last month I have been having sporadic issues with both the Iris app on my Android phone, and the website.   Each time there is an issue the app will take a very long time to load, and will eventually go to the login screen with the username/password cleared out.  If I force close the app and try again later it usually eventually comes back on its own.  When the app isn't working, I'm also not able to load anything on the webpage.   It just constantly spins/loads and doesn't show any devices.  I often times in the app will load it, and it'll login, but it says my inventory is zero.   Even more oddly, when this is happening I can still control smart plugs and other iris devices through Alexa.  It just seems to be the app and webpage that are regularly failing to load for me.  This happens both on my home network, and at work on different devices.  Anyone else?  It's pretty irritating.   The app constantly logging out and requiring fingerprint is also extremely annoying.   Seems like it's only a minute and I'll try to get back in and it requires a login AGAIN.  

21 hours ago, Dan8785 said:

For probably the last month I have been having sporadic issues with both the Iris app on my Android phone, and the website.   Each time there is an issue the app will take a very long time to load, and will eventually go to the login screen with the username/password cleared out.  If I force close the app and try again later it usually eventually comes back on its own.  When the app isn't working, I'm also not able to load anything on the webpage.   It just constantly spins/loads and doesn't show any devices.  I often times in the app will load it, and it'll login, but it says my inventory is zero.   Even more oddly, when this is happening I can still control smart plugs and other iris devices through Alexa.  It just seems to be the app and webpage that are regularly failing to load for me.  This happens both on my home network, and at work on different devices.  Anyone else?  It's pretty irritating.   The app constantly logging out and requiring fingerprint is also extremely annoying.   Seems like it's only a minute and I'll try to get back in and it requires a login AGAIN.  

I've only experienced this particular issue on my phone when my signal is weak - which I have only intermittent connectivity to the internet.  Switching to WiFi immediately doesn't fix it either.  I have to hit my phone's back button (Android), get out all the way, and get back into the app.  I guess it starts a new connection session with IRIS's servers.

Other than that instance, I've never had any issues logging in with a solid internet connection.