Outdoor camera disconnected

7 posts in this topic

I have an outdoor camera which is showing as disconnected. I have tried power cycling the camera and a 2 second reboot on the hub.
Anything else I should try before taking it down and physically connecting it to the network?

I've had a couple of these where the power adapter has failed.  When you power cycled the camera did you physically unplug it?  If so, you might want to give the adapter a sniff test to see if it smells burnt.

My cameras wireless range has gotten crappy over the last two weeks. I checked for channel interference and all that and it is fine. I have a wireless garage door controller in the same spot and it shows 95% signal and the camera shows 45-50% in the same spot. Well the camera is in line of sight through a window and the garage door controller is through three walls. Not sure why the cameras signal is so low. 

With the V1 cameras at least you can hear what sounds like a shutter click when you plug it back in to make sure it is getting power.  I had one drop a few weeks ago and last night I remembered to unplug it and plug it back in.  Sometime between then and this morning it is back online again.

I don't know if you've fixed this yet.  I've been off the forum for a while...

I did have this problem with v1 cameras- 1 indoor and 1 outdoor at the same time.  Both were on WiFi connected to a powerline network adapter, so I originally started troubleshooting around that.  I plugged them into the Ethernet port on the powerline adapter one at a time, and they both reconnected.  One of them did an update while it was plugged in.  That was probably a year or so ago, and they have both been working fine since.