I don't like this

2 posts in this topic

I received the following message in an email from Iris:

Have you been thinking about trying our Professional Monitoring service, but are stuck in a long-term contract with another security brand? This month only, cancel your current service, upload your cancellation notice, and we'll reward you with a FREE YEAR of Professional Monitoring — a $200 value!*

Great!  Treat newcomers better than long-term existing customers.

I don't want professional monitoring or I would have went with someone else long ago.  In the past, I referred people to Simplisafe for a monitored system.  I even installed a couple of systems.  I chose Iris because I didn't care about monitoring.

Oh well.  Rant over.

On 3/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, rdisom said:

I received the following message in an email from Iris:

Have you been thinking about trying our Professional Monitoring service, but are stuck in a long-term contract with another security brand? This month only, cancel your current service, upload your cancellation notice, and we'll reward you with a FREE YEAR of Professional Monitoring — a $200 value!*

Great!  Treat newcomers better than long-term existing customers.

I don't want professional monitoring or I would have went with someone else long ago.  In the past, I referred people to Simplisafe for a monitored system.  I even installed a couple of systems.  I chose Iris because I didn't care about monitoring.

Oh well.  Rant over.

Sure, but also remember said customers who just cancelled their monitoring contracts probably just got hit with an early-termination fee, so it's not quite a free lunch to them but may be enough for them to actually want to cancel.  They may also have to look into purchasing a brand-new IRIS system, sensors, so in the end....who knows.