False alarms with motion sensors

6 posts in this topic

Anyone had repeated false alarms with motion sensors in the last 24 hours? I had my alarm go off triggered by 2 sensors detecting motion in a short space of time. I didn’t think much of it until the same happened again today. I changed the alarm settings to needing three sensors to be tripped for the alarm to trigger. I looked at the history and the same 2 motion detectors keep on detecting motion. Unless we have a ghost that just started haunting us in the last day or so, I’d say there’s something funky going on with my system. I know that heating can trigger motion sensors and points at windows etc. but these two motion sensors have been in place for over a year without issues. We have no pets either. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine motion sensors were dropping off constantly but no false alarms. This is for gen 1 and a Bosch sensor. Don't know if it is connected but my hub lost connection for a minute last night with no loss of power or internet. Hope I am not about to lose all stability again.

We had this happen multiple times on Sunday 3/11.  A while after it started, I got a low battery email for the same motion sensor, replaced the battery, and now it's been fine.

I checked the battery level and interestingly one of them is now offline (presumably because the battery has gone dead and the other one is 11%. So it appears they were freaking out when getting a low battery. I don't recall getting an alert that they had a low battery level.  But it's odd as this has never happened before that I suddenly get false motion detected when the battery is low.