Notifications Not Working

58 posts in this topic

Anyone else’s notifications not working this afternoon/evening? I am missing scenes and contact notifications. Don’t think keyfob worked today when wife got home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else’s notifications not working this afternoon/evening? I am missing scenes and contact notifications. Don’t think keyfob worked today when wife got home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, now they are working after I posted it. Maybe the new app fixed it, who knows.

Accessdenied,

Expect this to happen often. My first 7 days with the system was extremely horrible with notifications. It has lessened since then but at least 3-4 days out of the week a notification won’t work. It’s better than 2 times a day, but just expect it. I stop talking to support about it even when they call me and email me because they just want to put tabs that they have TRIED to contact me about it instead of completely fixing the issue.

2 hours ago, Joe-Senior said:

Accessdenied,

Expect this to happen often. My first 7 days with the system was extremely horrible with notifications. It has lessened since then but at least 3-4 days out of the week a notification won’t work. It’s better than 2 times a day, but just expect it. I stop talking to support about it even when they call me and email me because they just want to put tabs that they have TRIED to contact me about it instead of completely fixing the issue.

This is not the norm and I don't expect it to happen at all.  I don't know all of your circumstances, but whatever you were seeing in your first seven days was more than likely caused by a lack of understanding of how the system works.

Alarm notifications on arming and disarming is not working anymore. It worked all last week but not on weekend or yesterday or today. It’s been pretty consistent and even support has looked at. And yes, I understand notifications. Pretty basic stuff I have 4 bulbs, one lock, one motion sensor, one keypad. Easy rules apply that are hit and miss. Sorrry to say...expect it! 

While notifications have worked great over the last few years, including text messages from the V1 days, they have been very sporadic the last 10-14 days.  I didn't receive any notifications for a few days, so I rebooted the hub from the app.  That worked for a day, but they are gone again.

I would not say to expect it, as it has been a very reliable function for a long time.  Your timing just happened to coincide with whatever issue is going on right now.

Accessdenied,

I have had this system since the beginning of V1 and notifications have been usually solid except the startup of V2. Something was just glitchy that day for several hours and it went away. It has been working perfect ever since, if not too perfect. (Back yard camera notifications drove me crazy this weekend from yard work and I didn’t feel like turning them off) lol. Joe, if you are having that many issues maybe something needs to be checked on your system/internet connection?

I am working with the frame from Feb 26 when it was first installed until now. So about 3 1/2 weeks I had this. I would say it worked seamlessly for about 5 days straight after a terrible first 10 days. So for me. I will expect it. For others, maybe...” don’t be surprised if the system seems  glitchy every now and then”. I had smarrthings for 4 months before I switched to Iris. I had basically the same set up minus a keypad. Same number of sensors on doors, motion, lights and door lock. Not once did I had an issue. Straight from the box...none. No headache, no missed notification. I have given my kids their own codes for the Iris system so I can see when they unlock the door and disarm house and this Sunday I received no notification from the hour time frame they were supposed to get in. The only way I knew was constantly checking my history on the app. I have even had support look over my rules and scenes. Everything checked out from day one and even deleted and changed rules/scenes and left them the way they were from the time it worked for 5 days straight. Then this weekend and last couple of days occurred. So to others...don’t be surprised if things are glitchy. Roll with the punches (if you want to).

Vetester,

Iris App....disarmed 7:21am.

iOS-nothing on my notifications got pushed. I have not changed my rules, scenes or anything before this weekend. Seems like it’s not working for me.

7:00am scene light off was supposed to get pushed notified as well.  Everything checks out too. Support told me to try making the rule on the Irisbylowes web portal. I got the email for that too. But im not posting that because since I don’t have permission from other part. So..I’m waiting for tomorrow to see if this runs. Door scensors work fine, lock is finally working fine (it just started working after I notified support...now is that coincidence?)

My family room notification light. Just turned on and it works(push notification on top). Just like it worked yesterday. And I had issues before. This was one of my big complaints early on and support even walked me through creating the scene and they looked at it from their professional end. Everything checked out and it worked and then stopped working and worked again. We will see how long it lasts.

1 minute ago, Vettester said:

Try going into your iPhone's settings and scroll down to the "Iris by Lowe's" app then select "Notifications" and toggle the "Allow Notifications" off and then back on again.

Vetester,

Thanks. That was the first thing  I did when I got the Iris up and running. It was also the first thing support told me to keep doing as well as deleting and creating scenes in both the app and web portal. I took it as far as deleting the app and installing it again. I tried it all.

I don’t have many devices, so I just put them on favorites so I can see the status of them if needed. I’m going to private message screen shots since my real name is in it. I have not changed any of the rules on the arm/disarm since the first week I got this setup.