Notifications Not Working

66 posts in this topic

Well, the notifications lasted 1 day.  I just now reset all settings per @Vettester instructions.  If it works, I will reset on the rest of our iOs devices.  2 wall mounted iPads, wifes iPhone, sons iPhone, and 4 mobile iPads. :(

1 hour ago, Vettester said:

If you reset your iPhone again do they come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww man...  I'm still recovering everything I lost from resetting the first time.  Lol

I'll try that again today.

I haven't tried another phone reset yet.  I have reset the hub a couple of times though.  After a reset, I get the first group of notifications and nothing more.  For example, I will reset when nobody is home.  When someone arrives, I will get: Garage door opened, "" has arrived, Home Scene ran, Alarm turned off.  Then notifications stop working.  If I reset hub when someone is home, I will get: Garage door closed, "" has left, Away scene ran, Alarm turned on.  Then notifications stop working.

Not much time to troubleshoot right now, maybe when Little League season ends.  Lol

2 hours ago, Vettester said:

Iris just released iOS Version 2.9.5.  You might want to try updating to see if that helps.

Thanks Vett.  I'll give that a try.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:42 AM, Vettester said:

If you reset your iPhone again do they come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally took a couple of minutes and reset my phone again.  Notifications worked once.  I have 4 that get pushed when someone leaves via the garage door, and same in reverse when they get home.  The notifications seem to work on an android tablet, but I only access that once each day or two, and it stays at home.  Seems to be iPhone related?

Rdism,

Get use to the inconsistencies with notifications. There will be days, weeks, where notifications will work perfect, then all of the sudden it doesn’t. It’s a complete cycle. I have tried all troubleshooting to fix this. Any fix is just a band aid until it happens again. I just learn to expect it. Good luck!

8 hours ago, Joe-Senior said:

Rdism,

Get use to the inconsistencies with notifications. There will be days, weeks, where notifications will work perfect, then all of the sudden it doesn’t. It’s a complete cycle. I have tried all troubleshooting to fix this. Any fix is just a band aid until it happens again. I just learn to expect it. Good luck!

So, I just got off phone with tech support and let them know about my notifications and a door lock issue and they said exactly what I just posted.  Their words was “ There can be days, weeks and up to 4-5 months where everything will work seamlessly. If nothing has changed in your network then it’s most likely outside interference.” This was from the diagnostics department this time.

So just expect these things to happen, wether it’s all the time or once in a while. And learn to troubleshoot the system every which way by using tips on here and irisbylowes website. Because you will be using those tips more often than not. 

Well, whatever update to the platform happened this week finally seems to have fixed notifications for me.  About 8 days ago, I deleted all notifications again and recreated them with hub resets in between.  A few notifications worked once, some not at all.  I left it alone and then about 3 days ago, all of them worked.  And are still working.  This was prior to updating the app on iPhone, so must have been platform update?

Man, that was great while it lasted.  Notifications for 4-5 days, all like they were supposed to.

Oh well.  One of these days, I'll call tech support...

6 hours ago, rdisom said:

Man, that was great while it lasted.  Notifications for 4-5 days, all like they were supposed to.

Oh well.  One of these days, I'll call tech support...

You really should call support and see if they can get to the bottom of this.

My notifications have always worked.

File_001 copy.png

You really should call support and see if they can get to the bottom of this.
My notifications have always worked.
1546549623_File_001copy.png.85ac0c03d16103772f85444325ce29b7.png

I probably should give them a call. I remember the issue being on the Apple side for a while, and I just kept hoping it would start working after an update. I rebooted the hub and I’ll see how they go tomorrow. Tech support has been very helpful the couple of times I called them, but it’s been at least 2 years since my last call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk