Batteries Depleting Rapidly
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Anyone seeing their devices chewing though batteries at a quicker rate? Seems when the contact sensor dropping off problem started I noticed batteries going dead in several devices also. One of them was the keypad in the kitchen. So these batteries are only a week or two old and I got this, this AM “Your Keypad - Kitchen's battery level at Home is low. Change your batteries as soon as possible.” I looked yesterday and the battery was 60% which was surprising since I just replaced the batteries and now it’s dead? I have several other devices that report below 50% that I don’t think should be.

I would write it off to that if it weren’t some devices that I replaced the batteries less than two weeks ago, are “dying” again. On the same note, I had a glass break say low also and it has been sitting at 1% for over two months now. Maybe something is off with the algorithm for battery levels. ?‍♂️

Several of my motion sensors seem to be depleting rapidly. I've also had that start happening with one of my CT101 thermostats that I use for crawl space humidity sensors. It is going through a set of batteries almost every month. They seem to have very limited range though, and I wonder if being on the edge of the signal works the batteries more.

Well, I replaced my keypad batteries with brand new ones from Lowes, energizers, on March 31st and guess what. Low battery notification again! I’m done with this. It is chewing a set of batteries every 15-20 days. Anyone else have a V2 chewing batteries?
6e5b323ef218eb4ff616b64d2e6c36d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accessdenied79, I'm having the same issue with my keypads.  I've just posted to an old thread here that's been resurrected on this topic.  There's also an active thread on the official forum.  The Lowe's people there say they're aware of the problem, but the "fix" seems to be to sell us a new model that's soon (?) to be released.  Really, really frustrating.  If they can't figure this out, I'm going to jump ship--it makes no sense to continue buying these expensive batteries every other week.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything but my battery levels appear to be OK but for some reason my keypad no longer beeps when you walk in and the system is armed. It does beep when it arms though. Very frustrating when you come in the house late and people are sleeping and the alarm goes off because you didn't hear the warning.

accessdenied79, I'm having the same issue with my keypads.  I've just posted to an old thread here that's been resurrected on this topic.  There's also an active thread on the official forum.  The Lowe's people there say they're aware of the problem, but the "fix" seems to be to sell us a new model that's soon (?) to be released.  Really, really frustrating.  If they can't figure this out, I'm going to jump ship--it makes no sense to continue buying these expensive batteries every other week.

Since the batteries were still in the 30 day window, I took them back and exchanged them. Also I had another keypad sitting in a bin. I had one and they sent me another because of the non beeping keys they messed up with a firmware update a while back.(didn’t fix it) When I moved I just used the keypad they sent me and it was chewing batteries. I put my original one back up with the exchanged batteries this weekend, so I will see what happens with this now.

I'll be interested to know if the other keypad works.  I've had non-beeping and non-motion-detecting issues with both of my keypads since a firmware update a while back, too, so I may try to get Lowe's to give me replacements.  I did return my batteries once, but I felt guilty about doing it again.  Silly, I guess.  :-/

I'll be interested to know if the other keypad works.  I've had non-beeping and non-motion-detecting issues with both of my keypads since a firmware update a while back, too, so I may try to get Lowe's to give me replacements.  I did return my batteries once, but I felt guilty about doing it again.  Silly, I guess.  :-/

Down to 90% already so I guess we will see soon.

Made it just 10 days on the new batteries, and different keypad so it is doing it on two different keypads. Just got the low battery email again. I guess my only option is going to be finding a 3v power adapter and hardwiring the dang thing. Replacing batteries every 10 days isn’t going to cut it. 

This is odd, both of mine are still at 100%.  I know the Gen 2 keypad has an IR sensor that flashes several times a second and I'm wondering if yours is somehow stuck so that it is on all the time.

Thought about opening it up and cutting the wire on the IR.  Just interesting how two different keypads are doing it so that would point to firmware or something like that in my opinion, but who knows. For now I will do without them 

A quick follow-up:  I called Iris customer service today.  He said it's affecting some keypads and not others.  There is a firmware fix that they have to push out to you specifically.  If it went well, my keypads should be back to normal within the next 15 minutes. 

A quick follow-up:  I called Iris customer service today.  He said it's affecting some keypads and not others.  There is a firmware fix that they have to push out to you specifically.  If it went well, my keypads should be back to normal within the next 15 minutes. 

Let me know please, I have two that are battery hungry.

If you have a revision a v2 keypad (those manufactured prior to February 2018) call support and ask them to manually downgrade the FW to the previous version (1100).  This should solve the battery drain problem.