Vision In Wall Z-wave Micro Switch
3 3

8 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2018 at 12:44 PM, joelh said:

No joy.  It installs pretty easily, and paired right away, but showed up an "Unknown Device" with no controls.

Darn.

You might want to try this after the next update.  A generic driver that will make generic Zwave switches usable is coming in the next update.  It might be there now because the platform has already been updated.

Generic Z-Wave Driver for Switches and Dimmers:

• A generic driver has been added to Iris so that any Z-Wave switch or dimmer can be paired as an uncertified device and will be useable from the apps or web site.

I was able to pair a Gen 2 Aeon Labs energy meter. It paired as an uncertified device that "works with Iris" and it was an available device in an energy rule.  I'll clamp it on the mains over the weekend and test it out to see if the rule works.

OK, it works - sort of.  It pairs as a generic z-wave switch, and I can control the light from the app.  Response is very quick (although this particular switch is pretty close to the hub if that makes a difference).

However, when the switch is operated manually, the switch status on the app does not update.  So if I turn on the light from the app, but turn if off at the switch, the light turns off, but the app still shows ON.  

The switch itself acts like a toggle - it reverses the state of the light no matter if it's up or down.

It was hard to fit in the box - if you have a lot of wires in there, it won't fit very well.