Keen Smart Vents
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I finally got around to pulling the trigger on a Keen Smart Vent, only to discover that they are no longer listed on the Iris product page or the general Lowe’s site. Anybody know why or have any experience with them?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that Lowe's had discontinued these.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Keen's price increase.  I think I paid $79.99 each for the ones I have and I noticed that if you go to Keen's web site they are now selling for $109.99. 

Anyway, I have seven of these and they work great if you can keep them connected.  Even though they are a zigbee device they seem to have an issue staying connected to the Iris hub.  Whenever one falls offline I just pull the battery pack out and put it back in and it reconnects.  I haven't spent anytime trouble shooting these so I don't know if removing and re-pairing them would help or not.  I do know that when they were initially paired they were within 5' of the hub.

IMG_2185.JPG

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that Lowe's had discontinued these.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Keen's price increase.  I think I paid $79.99 each for the ones I have and I noticed that if you go to Keen's web site they are now selling for $109.99. 
Anyway, I have seven of these and they work great if you can keep them connected.  Even though they are a zigbee device they seem to have an issue staying connected to the Iris hub.  Whenever one falls offline I just pull the battery pack out and put it back in and it reconnects.  I haven't spent anytime trouble shooting these so I don't know if removing and re-pairing them would help or not.  I do know that when they were initially paired they were within 5' of the hub.
IMG_2185.thumb.JPG.aa6c8e1f5d10268beda2d5b3c714ad65.JPG

Yeah, I saw the price increase too. I also found a CNET review that said Keen had implemented updates that fixed a number of the previous issues. That said, there’s NO WAY I’m paying 100+ for a product with flaky connectivity.

There are a few products that work directly with Nest. Maybe a solution exists there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk