Iris Web Portal
3 3

32 posts in this topic

Is it possible for the Iris Portal to show Rules and Scenes that a device is used under?

When your list of rules and scenes gets long ( I have over 100) it is difficult if not impossible to find a rule that is controlling a device without drilling down in each one.

If the rules and/or scenes were listed under each device then you could either navigate to that rule/scene (because you would now have the name) to edit it or ideally just jump there via a hyperlink directly into edit mode.

I have a GE in-wall receptacle that I had scheduled to turn on/off at night last Winter based on temperature and I can't for the life of me fine the rule or scene that is controlling it. I thought maybe I had built a schedule under the device settings but there is nothing there. When I got to history in the app and filter to that one device I do not see anything indicating how or when it keeps getting turned on.

Right now it's looking like the only way I can stop it is to delete the device and add it back in with a new device name so that whatever rule or scene keeps turning it on won't find it.

1 hour ago, sparc said:

Is it possible for the Iris Portal to show Rules and Scenes that a device is used under?

When your list of rules and scenes gets long ( I have over 100) it is difficult if not impossible to find a rule that is controlling a device without drilling down in each one.

If the rules and/or scenes were listed under each device then you could either navigate to that rule/scene (because you would now have the name) to edit it or ideally just jump there via a hyperlink directly into edit mode.

I have a GE in-wall receptacle that I had scheduled to turn on/off at night last Winter based on temperature and I can't for the life of me fine the rule or scene that is controlling it. I thought maybe I had built a schedule under the device settings but there is nothing there. When I got to history in the app and filter to that one device I do not see anything indicating how or when it keeps getting turned on.

Right now it's looking like the only way I can stop it is to delete the device and add it back in with a new device name so that whatever rule or scene keeps turning it on won't find it.

The Iris web UI has the ability to quickly scroll through your rules and see which devices are controlling what.