Orbit 12 station not watering

7 posts in this topic

I have reset, repaired, tried different schedules. Everything looks correct on the device and in the app, the app even reports the next event correctly throughout the water cycle/schedule. However, no water comes on. I can see the next event change to the time the next zone should start even, but no water turns on. 

I can turn the sprinklers on from my phone app at any time, any zone. But the schedule never waters.

Anyone had a problem like this?

I think I figured this out on my own for anyone who ends up having the same issue. I believe the trouble was the fact that I named each zone. I names them according to location (i.e. Front East, Front Middle, etc).

Today, I removed the Orbit timer and re-paired it. When I was asked to select and rename the zones I wanted to use and give them default watering times, I just left them as Zone1, Zone2, etc. I gave them watering times and then tested an automatic watering schedule/cycle. It seems to work just fine with the default zone names in the system. 

Doesn't do any good to name them anyway.  If it's like the single orbit timer.  The history will only show the default name no matter what you name it.  And you can't search the history for them.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, Terminal said:

Doesn't do any good to name them anyway.  If it's like the single orbit timer.  The history will only show the default name no matter what you name it.  And you can't search the history for them.

Yes, that is a bug that has been reported.

11 hours ago, c379776 said:

I gave up, just using minle as a regular timer, not connected to IRIS.

I'm using a hose timer and all 12 zones on my controller without any issues.  Have you tried what @DuoDS suggested and leave your zone names at the default value?  Another thing I have found is if you create too many schedules for a single day you will have issues.  Try limiting the number of schedules to 3-4 per day.

I actually got some mixed results from renaming my zones back to default. What eventually fixed it for good was making sure I had Smart Plugs v2 close enough to the Orbit timer to relay the ZigBee signal to the timer. 

Weird thing was that the connectivity to turn on zones from my phone never disappeared, there was only trouble with the automated watering schedule. I figured that if I could turn on zones from my phone, the signal must have been 'good enough', but installing Smart Plug repeaters seems to have fixed it for good. 

My lawn is now trying to recover from the IRIS induced drought.